20.4.05

One Day Closer to Tomorrow!!

Hey, sorry it's taken me this long to post. I've been occupied, I guess you could say, with all of the work here at work. I've been playing catch up. Not to mention, I've a new addiciton. It's called Gold Miner. Yep, don't play it, you'll get hooked.

I've been recruiting for the past two weeks, and I feel like I'm so behind on all of my work. I'm not really that far behind, but I keep thinking toward the future. That is what keeps messing me up. I feel overwhelmed by things that haven't even gotten here yet!!!

You don't know how excited I am to be taking off and going somewhere for my birthday. It's going to be a breath of fresh air. I've been craving a rollercoaster!! I'm so excited. Sooooooooooo excited.

Scott gets here tomorrow at 8 in the morning. I'm picking him up from the airport in Gulfport. I can't even begin to express how much I care about this guy and how he makes me feel. It's amazing. I wanna tell the world, but then I do pretty much tell everyone I come in contact with. That's my little world I guess. This relationship has brought about many changes in my life. Some of these changes I wish would not be so evident. It's nothing like wishing that he had never happened or anything like that. It's more along the lines of missing how I used to get to talk to some people and share how I felt with them. I dunno.

I remember when Valerie and Shaun first met each other. I had no clue what was about to happen. I didn't know that my best friend was about to get her bestest friend for life. It was cool though. I just knew that everything was going to change for the worse, because I wouldn't get to talk to her like I used to. I would not get to spend every waking hour with her like before. She had a husband. For a while there I was the only one of the group I grew up with that didn't have a husband. It sucked, big time. I got around it though. Eventually I figured out that life doesn't change that much. I realized that my friendship with Valerie might be altered slightly, but would never change completely. We still talk, share and cut up with each other like always. There are some things that we don't talk about, and I understand why. I realize that we can't hang out together all the time either. We miss each other all the time though. It's great to talk to one of your best friends and know that they truly are your friend no matter what. It warms your heart.

One promise I made to myself a long time ago was that no matter what happened I would stay dedicated to the people I cherish. I've had too many life experiences to know that you can't just run away and hide from the people you love. You've got to open yourself up to them and encourage them to keep up with you. I was lost in the chaos for a little while there. It was a strange place to be.

Ok, I'm just blabbing now.....I'm sure there are other things to write about.

I did get flowers today!! They are gorgeous! According to sources, I was supposed to receive them yesterday, but someone flubbed up. It's still awesome. Nice blend of flowers and no roses!! Woohoo!! I commend you, boyfriend, you rock!!

Ok, people, I pray that life keeps you active and healthy, happy and fun. I love you all!

2 comments:

dangermama said...

Deresa - Im so glad that you are so happy and well...

have a happy birthday!

D. Wallace said...

Thank you Maggie. :o) You're soooooo sweet. I can't wait to see you guys Saturday. I'm going to try with all my might to get there.