31.3.05

Your Lifetime Has Come

Ok, so about the new fella (Bennett, this one's for you). His name is Scott Wallace. He and I grew up together. He is about 4 years older than me and was in the same grade as my brother in school. We went to church together. I had a huge crush on him when I was little, but I never said anything to him because my friend was dating him. I'm not one to butt into relationships like that (or at least I've tried not to be). He liked me but since I was 12 and he was 16, thought it best that he didn't act on his feelings. I mean come on, I was a little twerp and he was in high school. So anyway, we grew up. He joined the Air Force and I went to college. Seven years later, after many changes in both of our lives, we met up again. We started talking a little but lost contact. Fast forward to about three weeks ago. He came down to Keesler to take classes for his E7 badge or whatever the heck all that stuff is (yeah, I'm not up on the lingo for military). He gave me a call and we started hanging out.

It's been great. He has such a huge heart. He is one of maybe two guys that I have dated that actually completely cared about God's will for his life. It makes my heart glad to know that all those things I put in for when I was asking God for a relationship are filled by each and every one of Scott's characteristics. It's amazing.

So there's your cheese. I don't mind cheezin it up for a little bit. I've got to some time.

1 comment:

dangermama said...

oh deresa, you go with your fine military man... Im so happy for you...