12.12.04

It Has Begun.....

You know I was thinking about this. I always like to keep things like this up, but I fail terribly. I would like to stick with something for a change. Plus, I wanted to be able to post comments to some of your sites. Yes, I'm keeping up with you people. You know who you are.

Anway, I spent the majority of this day thinking. I mean, yeah, I woke up, I went to church. By the way, I went to a new church today.....Bayou View Baptist Church. I tell you what...I liked it. I think it was because four of my friends go there and I didn't feel so out of place, but it was other things along with that. I enjoyed the pastor. He was cheesy and a little on the corny side, but what Baptist preacher isn't??? I've noticed this. hehe, no offense guys. Also, the people there seemed like they wanted to be there. They weren't in a rush to get out the door. They stuck around and spoke with each other. It was very encouraging. The church I usually attend is great, don't get me wrong, but it always seems like I just get lost in the crowd. There are about five people that probably realize I attend on Sundays. Aside from that small group, I think the rest of the people only have lunch on their mind. I don't blame them. It isn't that way at Baptist churches only either. It's a lot of churches. I'm learning.

After church my friend Chad invited Eli and me over to his house for lunch with he and his wife. It was fun. I got a new plant out of it too!! I'm trying to do this whole "growing plants in your office and home" thing. I really would like for them to live, but it seems the only plant I ever can get to stay alive is a cactus and I've had my moments with those. Just recently I was feeling good about having my cactus, Cloe, for more than two years. I think she knew I was proud, because I checked her out the other day and she's killing over on one side. The whole right side of her is just icky. It made me feel really sad. I watered her a little and stuck her in my picture window. Maybe she'll perk up. I dunno. I suck at plants. Definitely no green thumb on me. I'm lucky it's even a tint of chartruse. Oh well. hehe

So, Eli and I came home and I got a christmas present early!!!!! Woohoo!! I love it too. He picked up on the fact that I kept eyeballing this bracelet at a gallery in downtown G-port. He got it for me for christmas. Sweetness. I think he really wanted to give it to me so I could brag on him, because he kept asking me when we were going to exchange gifts. I kept telling him that I wasn't ready to exchange gifts. Of course, me being the raskel that I am, I asked if I could get one of presents anyway. Yep, I'm a booger. :o) Go figure.

Eli went to work and now I'm trying to work on his christmas present so I can either give him the picture book for his birthday or the BB gun for his birthday. I'd rather wait until closer to Christmas time to give him the BB gun. We'll see. If I can get this picture book thing done, I'll probably give that to him for his birthday and then right before I leave to go to Iuka, give him the BB gun. Still wish I had gotten a BB gun. He said he didn't feel right about giving a girl a BB gun. HA! I had two when I was younger. No big deal. Okay, I'm a tomboy anyway. I miss BB guns. :o( It is even CO2 powered and everything. *sniff sniff* I'll live.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I've got to do some house cleaning and picture booking, or picturing in a book? I dunno.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you!

And I love you. It's good to hear of your life.

Don't give up on the Baptists. They may stick it to you yet. Somewhere there are people who are born Baptist and stay that way. One day I'll meet one.

slow poke kate said...

I know you too!!!! Keep this site up! I like hearing about long lost friends. ;)

Love you!!!
Amanda Panda

slow poke kate said...

Don't give up!!! YOU ARE ALREADY BEHIND!!!! Blog it girl!